I thought I would write you a letter. You probably think it is a bad idea to write a letter to you and let everyone see it. Too bad. I’m the Dad.
I just wanted to tell you thanks. Not for cleaning your room (we are still working on that), but thanks for . . .
- Making your Mom and I laugh. I laugh just thinking about you laughing.
- Bringing your energy to the party. You light up a room.
- Being creative. You are one of the best young writers I have seen. I can’t wait to read your stuff.
- Baking me a cake when I got home from Africa (it was gooood).
- For making great choices when it comes to friends.
- For listening to God in the middle of the chaos.
- For allowing me the opportunity to baptize you at church a few weeks ago.