Yea baby. She is back! Here is the rundown of the drama of the last several weeks.
- Bikes stolen (along with some cash and other items) from Jeff’s house.
- Jeff’s bike found and returned with minimal damage.
- No word on my bike.
- Two weeks later. Insurance company wants to settle on my bike since it is not found. We negotiate a price and they cut me a check.
- One week later. Insurance company calls and says that they recovered the bike and found some personal items in the saddlebags. I was hoping they recovered my chaps, riding glasses, and misc other stuff. No luck. All that they found were 4 cell phones, scales, and needles.
- I ask if I can buy the bike back. The “negotiating” begins.
- At the last moment (the bike was literally on a truck to be hauled away) the insurance company called and agreed to release the bike to me with a clear and clean (non-salvage) title if I returned the money. They would repair damages.
- Bike is currently at the dealer getting some repair.
- A special thanks to my new friends at Progressive insurance, as well as Cheryl at the salvage yard and Joe (the world’s greatest roll-back truck driver).